GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Neck Fitting Done

I managed to get the neck fitted today. I am not too sure that the bolt on neck is that much easier than the dovetail.I went to heaps of trouble to make sure the neck block was square,and it still needed adjusting.

I had to take a bit off both sides to get it right..I now have a slight gap between the neck and the body,but I think it will be OK.

Its funny ,but I see so much wrong with the guitar,and I bet no body ever notices.

All I hope is that it sound good!

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Having done both dovetail and bolt on necks, I can say that in my opinion the big advantage with bolt on necks is that you have the bolts to hold everything in place while doing all the measurements, adjusting,and bridge placement. I had to use clamps to hold everything tight while doing all these tasks with a dovetail.

With that said, I did a bolt on for the one I am doing now, but I am thinking I might do a dovetail for the next one. I know, I am a glutton for punishment!

April 24, 2007 6:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home