GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Neck inlays done

Well it has been a little wet over this long weekend so "sadly" I haven't been able to do too many domestic chores outside.

The next best thing I suppose, was to get into the shed and get some more work done on the guitar.

I spent about 6 hours fitting the diamond shape fretboard markers They didn't come up to bad but it was a very fiddly job cutting the shapes out on the fretboard.

On one of the electrics I made, I completely stuffed this up,so I wasn't going to do that again.

This has also kind of got me thinking about some kind of pearl inlay on the peg head ,so I will start to have a read about that now.

I have also ordered the tuners.

After searching around the net and hassling Ted,( http://tedsguitar.blogspot.com/)

I finally found that it was cheaper to get them from Stew-mac than down here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yuri said...

Glad to see someone else enjoying the building of guitars.

If you wish, have a look at my Blog on guitar/instrument making which can be found below.

http://thunderhouse2-yuri.blogspot.com/

Cheers, Yuri

(had some trouble posting, hope this didn't come through twice)

April 09, 2007 10:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home