GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Sanding,sanding,sanding



Day off today...
I Spent about 6 hours sanding and patching.

I started out trying to polish the scratches out of the white plastic binding. It didn't come up too bad but again,this will go down as something to watch next time.

I sanded the back and sides starting at 400 grit and going up to 2000 wet and dry.

It has come up pretty smooth.I have a few dings and marks on the sides that I will need to sort out.

I bolted the neck back on and for some reason the gap between the neck and body seems to have got bigger.??and I am really not too sure what to do about it either.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any photographs of the offending neck joint?

April 23, 2007 8:35 pm  
Blogger David said...

Ditto with what Ted said....

Could it be a humidity change issue?

April 24, 2007 6:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home