GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Set Up

Well its been a few weeks now that the guitar has been strung up .

I am not sure that I have it set up properly , although I have followed the info that came with itand artlicles that are on the net.

I still have the action set a bit high .

It doesn't sound too bad ,but it does seem to be lacking something (Might be my attempt at playing it too) and the intonation on the low E string is a little out.

I am tossing up now if I should keep "fiddling" with it, or take it and get it set up or, at least played and looked at by sombody else.

This really sound like a Cop Out hey!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Greg. Sorry I have not been around to share the final moments but aint it great to get strings on?

Tell us about how it sounds and feels now it has settled.

Ted

February 21, 2009 3:22 pm  
Blogger Greg said...

Hi Ted,

Its good to see that you are around again.

The guitar sounds OK but I am not real happy with the setup.

I have had a play around with it and I put some heavier guage strings on it which probably made it worse.

All up though I don't have any regrets with the build but I do need to spend some time playing with the setup.

February 23, 2009 3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home