GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Strung up

I have now shaped the bridge and strung the guitar up.I decided to make up a new nut (which was easier the 3rd time around) because the other one had a crack in it.

The guitar at the moment is all over the place and won't stay in tune.I am going to leave it sit for a week or so ,then go back and attempt to set it up.

This will give me some time to read up a bit on set ups.
I am not real sure about the height of the bridge etc .The Stewmac instructions are good but a bit more info would be good.

I have ordered Bill Cory's book which may give me some more detail on the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home