This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Fitting Bridge and Tuners

I have managed to get a few days to myself so I have started to "Finish Off" the guitar.

My first stuff up (This time) -

I started to fit the tuners and forgot about putting a block on the inside of the headstock while drilling the holes out - Result a small amount of tear out on the back. It should be OK but I really kicked myself to do something so bloody stupid.

I mixed up a bit of maple sawdust and epoxy and touched it up.Hopefully it will be OK

Again ,it's trying to squash 2 hours into 1!

I am going to try to fit the bridge over the weekend.

I got a Bridge Setter and a Bridge Clamp from Ken, so I am hoping that this makes fitting it a lot easier.

I have come to realise that trying to pick up where I left off before is going to be like starting again..

I am kind of looking forward to getting a start on the electric.


Post a Comment

<< Home