GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Parts ordered

During the week I bit the bullet and ordered the parts from the US.

So,this is how its going to look now -No more "procrastinating" over the hardware colour etc.

I have decided to use the Gold  hardware ,mainly because the Nickle was just too hard to get from one supplier,Cream binding and a Vintage Pearl pickguard.

The top and back will be Tassie Blackwood .I ordered the top from  Bob down at  Tasmanian Tonewoods and the body and back from the Anogate.

I am going to make my own neck.I have a couple of pieces of  Rock maple that I have had for about 6 years  and a birds eye maple fretboard that I will slot myself. 

The switch and knobs might be black to break up the gold a bit.

I  have ordered most of the parts from Warmoth ,(mainly due to the postage cost I was already up for ,for the pickguard.)

The rest of the parts I have ordered from the old  faithfull  Stewmac.

It was an interesting exercise as I have never used Warmoth before  and I did find that the prices are a little cheaper,but we  will see what the service is like.

I suppose its time for some pics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home