GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

New nut cut

Today I decided to make another nut because the original one was pretty ugly!..

This one was a lot easier and came out pretty good except I have noticed a fine crack in it.

I have made up a simple 15 deg Jig to cut the angle on the bottom of the nut and I used a radius sanding block to shape the top of it.This worked well.


I am not going to worry about the neck problem as per my previous post(s).

I am really not sure if its a problem with the top or the neck,but if I keep playing around with it,I will end up stuffing the neck right up.

I have ordered some "Z Poxy" finishing resin,so I can get a start on French Polishing it- But this is another story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home