GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Clamps off,Not Happy!

Well I removed the clamps today only to find that the tail block join has a gap in it of about 1mm.

I think the grease proof got caught in the join.Its not a lot and I am sure I can fill it ,but its really annoying,especially after getting it all sit up ,and taking my time in the first place.

In thinking about it,I should have left the neck block longer and that way I wouldn't have had to worry about getting it flush with the top.

I also think if you were using a mould,it would be easier.Too Late !

1 Comments:

Blogger Blog said...

Greg, I had worse in my neck blog. Stress not. keep in mind that you are going to install am end trim (page 17 of the Stew Mac manual. This will well cover that 1 mm gap you currently have.
I remember the feeling - "The first thing I do and I stuffed it up". Fear not, you are doing okay.

November 01, 2006 10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home