GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Top bracing complete and Weld On 16 purchased

Well I have managed to get a bit done this week,but really not as much as I had hoped.

The humidity in Sydney this week has been up around 80% ,so the de humififier has been working like mad - and making the shed/work room very warm!

I have got the top finished now and all the braces trimmed.I am not too sure if to try to fine tune them or what.-- Any comments very welcome.

I am going to try to get the back done on the weekend .

I went to Mulford Plastics today (Thanks to Ted's research) and picked up a tube of Weldon 16. The tube of glue is really not expensive $7.95 AU.


Now for a whinge!

When Mulfords do the invoice they then charge you an extra $10.00 for a "Fuel Levy"!
The total cost for the tube is then $18.00

I really thought this was just a compete rip off.

Thats not a bad mark up for absolutly nothing at all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Blog said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 11, 2007 10:42 pm  
Blogger Blog said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 11, 2007 10:48 pm  
Blogger Blog said...

What the?!? What is a fuel levy? I'd be ringing consumer protection or the like on that one. I did not have to pay any levy... six months ago.

My advice on the braces is - leave them. Stewmac have finished all the required shaping. I would suggest knocking and/or photographing the boards to try and get a feeling for what they should sound and look like.

What would you do to fine tune them? If you are like me, you'll have no idea what to do.

February 11, 2007 10:53 pm  
Blogger Blog said...

Sorry my friend. I am having trouble with this new version of Blogger. I run a number of blogs and now they are all linked up - under the same name... arrrr
Ted

February 12, 2007 8:17 pm  
Blogger Greg said...

Hi Ted.

Yes, I wasn't real happy with Mulfords ,but what do you do!

I think its a plain rip off

Good point with the bracing.I have no idea what I would be looking for

Cheers

Greg

February 13, 2007 5:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home