GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sanding board pic - explain



This is the pic of the sanding board I made and used to sand the kerfing.

I made this as described (or the way I read it) in Stewmac's 000 instructions.

I cut the 2 wedges 8 inches long and at 5 deg and 1 1/2 deg.

I then glued them on to a 2 ft long board .

The concen I had was that in the Stewmac Dreadnaught instructions,it says to make the angle from the centre of the sandpaper to the end of the wedge ,which would be over a length of about 20 inches.

I made the angles over the length of the wedge - 8 inches.... Which makes the sanding angle less than 5 deg and 1 1/2 deg

I hope this makes some kind of sence??

I think Ted's comment might be right,I should stop worrying about the "small" things and just get it done!

2 Comments:

Blogger Blog said...

My man, I have no idea which one of us is right or even if we ended up with the same result. Check out 13/08/2006 on my blog, there is a photo of the way that I constructed a sanding board...

November 17, 2006 2:02 am  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks Ted,
You see what I mean.I think the way you have done it is right.I dont know how much difference it will make to the front and back when I glue them.

November 17, 2006 5:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home