GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Keep at it

Well after this stuff up with the sanding stick,I have decided to make up the correct stick and re sand the linings.

This will reduce the width of the sides by a fraction,( about 2 mm I think) but I really don't think it should matter to the end results - I HOPE!

The things that I have stuffed up so far -

Cut the tail block flush.This should have been slightly longer than the sides even though Stewmac say they should be flush - Easier to reduce than add!

Small gap in join at the tail block end - Take a bit more time or use another method -Jig of some sort so you can see the end.

Lining breaking - ?????

Sanding stick wrong - Think about what I am doing.And get some advise if not sure (before hand)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home