GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Snaps of the back during the French Polishing


The back is coming along a bit better than I thought.
Any body thinking of French Polishing ,a bit of advise -Practice,Practice,Practice -its harder than it looks.
I am using pre-mixed Hard Shellac which I am finding difficult to apply compared to normal shellac.It seems to "drag" .
It might be me though!

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Looking good! I have never tried french polish. I might have to give it a try on one of my builds.

July 08, 2007 3:24 am  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks Dave.

I have used a Hard Shelac,which I think is a bit harder to apply,but I wanted it for the tougher finish.

I polished up a piece of American Mahogony at a wood finishing course I just did, and I have to say that it came up better than glass.

The last step in the process was to go over it with "Brasso" which really shined it up.

Give the French Polishing a go Dave,you will be real happy with the finish.

July 08, 2007 7:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home