This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Routing the back binding - its got to get better!

Well, I managed to get down the shed after work today,but I wish I hadn't.

I started routing the back binding ,using the Dremel and the Precision base.
I made a small 5 deg wedge up and modified the router base .Too easy - Ha Ha!

The whole thing is up and down and all over the bloody place. I am not happy at all.There has to be a better way to do this!..

I ended up getting the laminex trimmer out and put a 13mm Straight bit in it with a 9 mm bearing .I then added a couple of turns of tape on the bearing...

I then stuck the 5 deg wedge on it and started "patching" it up.

This did seem to work a lot better than the Dremel,but as I said there has to be a better way.

I also noticed that in one part I have just touched the kerfing. Not much I can do now I suppose.

Not real happy with this at all.I hope the end result sounds good!



Post a Comment

<< Home