GREGS GUITARS

This blog is about the construction of my acoustic guitar kit and any other guitars that I decide to build I have built a couple of electrics but this is a big step,forward - I hope!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Binding rebate cleaned up

Well I finished "cleaning up"the binding channel using the Laminex Trimmer.

I don't know why ,but this was a lot easier and I have managed to kind of make the channel a lot neater than it ended up with the Dremel.(I am a bit happier now)

I was having a look throught one of my books and I see that they had cut down to the kerfing ,so I am not too worried about that.

I have decided that I am going to make a guide for the trimmer so it rides just on the edge and the guide will run along the side by about 50mm.This should make it a bit easier next time.

My plans are to get the binding and the neck done this coming weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home